In early February, we kicked off our series of Adults with Learning Disabilities trainings with Dr. Neil Sutromski in Palm Beach County with a packed house. A large number of adults who attend adult education classes have a diagnosed or undiagnosed learning disability and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. These disabilities and other special learning needs are specifically addressed in this workshop.
The objectives of this training are to provide participants with:
- an understanding of adults with and without special learning needs;
- an understanding of the differences between adults with low literacy skills and those with special learning needs;
- the knowledge of self-esteem and social skill issues, the effects and possible solutions to address them;
- an understanding of the differences between assessments, diagnosis, teacher questionnaires, etc.;
- the ability to gather information on their adult education students that will lead to appropriate interventions; and
- effective instructional tools to use with all students in adult education programs including those with special learning needs.
February 8 – Palm Beach County
March 15 – Suwannee County
April 13 – Miami-Dade County
April 26 – Collier County
May 3 – Orange County