- This event has passed.
Adults with Learning Disabilities Virtual Training
February 13 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Adults with Learning Disabilities Virtual Training – Effective Instruction for all Adult Education Students Including Those with Learning Disabilities and Other Special Learning Needs: Definitions – Issues – Solutions.
Description: A large number of adults who attend adult education classes have a diagnosed or undiagnosed learning disability and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. These disabilities and other special learning needs will be specifically addressed in this workshop.
The objectives of this training are to provide participants with:
- an understanding of adults with and without special learning needs;
- an understanding of the differences between adults with low literacy skills, those with special learning needs, and those with low literacy skills;
- the knowledge of self-esteem and social skill issues, the effects and possible solutions to address them;
- an understanding of the differences between assessments, diagnosis, teacher questionnaires, etc.;
- the ability to gather information on their adult education students that will lead to appropriate interventions; and
- effective instructional tools to use with all students in adult education programs.